Hey gang, Btchwstix has been a very busy girl lately. Not only have I been suffering from severe insomnia but I have also been planning a surprise 40th Birthday party for hubby. His birthday was actually earlier in the week, so he basically thinks I am not doing much. But, Saturday night I have 40 of our dearest and nearest going to play a hockey game then dinner upstairs in their restaurant (its a huge hockey/entertainment/sports facility). Jeez, I hope he likes it. So between this and not sleeping properly, things have been a little hectic. On the sleeping front, I seem to be getting better and I'll tell you I am not the kind of person that can survive on 4 hours of sleep, which is what I was averaging there for about 2 weeks. I went to the doctor and received a clean bill of health, although initially he worried the crap outta me thinking I had a thyroid disease. Now I am scheduled to go to a sleep clinic so hopefully I will be in better sleeping order. I have been sleeping better lately although I am not quite sure why. I have been trying to get outside more during the day to get a lot of sunshine so maybe that has helped. I was thinking maybe my melantonin was out of whack. I also ordered a new bed, which we were due for as you are suppose to change mattresses every 8-10 years and ours is ten. I ordered a KING size bed so that means another $500.00 worth of sheets, blankets and mattress protection needs to be purchased but I am looking forward to the large playground my husband and I have to romp in now. Last week I tried a few times to post but the damn thing wouldn't let me so that's another reason it has been a while. Can't remember if I told you about the KW knitting fair but it was really great. So many vendors, I was confused but I did buy some beautiful "BABI" from http://www.gryarns.on.ca/ and couldn't be happier with the colour. Plus the price was right $22.00 for 660yds. Now for a knitting update:
- Harlot Poncho in blue and white cotton is half way done. After the initial screw up of yours truly being typically blonde, I figured out where the increases are without the stupid marker sliding all over the place (thus creating a very unattractive asymmetrical design)
- Scarf from Little Box of Scarveshttp://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=730121 is working out very nicely in a mohair multicoloured mix
- Still working on afghan from 1970s pattern book and am 1/3 the way through 1st of 5 panels
- Started a triangular shawl in the new Grand River yarn for a Christmas gift to who I don't know yet
- Still need to frog sweaters for DN2 and DN3 that have now gotten too small for their rapidly growing bodies
- There's more, but the more I put this unfinished stuff in print the more I realize I have waaaaaay too much stuff on the go and it is kinda depressing me
That's it and will catch up with you all after the party.