there were no children. There was a husband and a wife. There were no children, no dog, just a cat. It was quiet there, almost...peaceful. This was a sweet time for Btchwstix. Why you ask? Well, I was just about to tell you.
Back when there were no children I could:
- go to the washroom without an audience (many people just do not understand the luxury of solitary elimination)
- eat chocolate for breakfast without the third degree
- buy clothing for myself without guilt (or wise cracking comments like "Did you buy that to wear?")
- wake up in the morning and find the kitchen in the exact same state I left it in the night before, that is to say clean, without peanut butter fingerprints and strange unrecognizable smells
- sleep til noon without emergency disturbances like "it's ten o'clock, can I eat a cookie now?"
- stay out til all hours, drink, carouse and be merry without worrying about who may be at home with daughters that want to stay til all hours, drinking, carousing and being merry
- eat a whole meal, without any interruptions, while it was still hot
- watch my bank account actually grow
- not worry about teenage sex, drugs, teen violence, house parties, grades, homework, hockey, exams, acne, meningitis, and a whole slew of other teen maladies
Sometimes, after a very long and tiring day I miss these times just a little, itty, bitty bit.