Friday, November 28, 2008
This is the "drop everything here" area. Don't judge ;)
Happy to do dishes
I am a pack rat and I know it. A major purging has taken place over the last two weeks. There will be some very happy shoppers in the charity shops over the next little while. I cannot believe the stuff we/I keep. All the cupboards have been painted, cleaned and re-papered. I put new knobs on all the drawers and doors and we had the backsplash put up.
It looks so fresh and clean now. I was so sick of that washed look that has been there for 15 years. It was so popular in the 90's. I am pleased.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Sooo close to finishing the kitchen. Why do we collect so much junk over the years? I am finding it impossible to find space to put everything back, nicely.
In the meantime, I received this in an email today and it is lovely.
A COPY OF THIS SHOULD BE ON EVERY MIRROR !!!
HOW TO REALLY LIVE
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to be a light in someone's life today.'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good..
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Faith in something is important
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change, and you will survive.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
Statements: I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished _______.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Please send this to everyone you care about.
* * *
Will see you soon with pictures.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I have so many ideas running through my head right now. The painter is coming tomorrow to paint the cupboards and put up some beadboard. I am supposed to be packing the kitchen away right now. I am not doing that. I am searching through all my stored pictures looking at my favourite kitchens.
I know I want white/cream cupboards. That is a start. I also know I want to change colours a wee bit. I seem to be leaning towards a more simple background with splashes of colour and prints.
I seem to lean towards greens, blues and pink/reds for colour choices lately. And of course, that vintage feel.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Did you think I dropped off the face of the earth? Busy little me. My birthday was spent with kids and hockey. We did manage a brunch together before DN2 had to go away for the hockey Nationals. I've had better birthdays. Of course, the week was crazy going back and forth 3 or 4 times and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. Glad that week is over.
I tried my hand at a lamp shade cover a couple of weeks ago. What do you think? I just love the ones some of the bloggers have on their sites so I gave it a try. Just a practice run, really. I will try it with nicer fabric next time. It was very trial and error. A basic tube with a gather at the top. I am sure many of you seasoned sewers out there are saying "easy peasy". I will make another attempt when time allows. Oh, and a picture of some of my china that really has no where else to go now that the dresser is filled with all my blue and white transferware. But this will be moved shortly as I have the painter coming on Monday to start painting the kitchen cupboards. Yayyy! I have been trying to nail someone down to do this for over a year!
A few books I am trying to get through. I just grabbed a few as DN2 injured her knee on the weekend and is requiring therapy 3 or 4 times a week. Hence, the need for serious reading material.
And I finished the little hat for the baby shower. We are not sure if it is a boy or girl so I figured blue with the crochet flower and that way they can take the flower off if it is a boy. I still have to sew the baby granny square blanket together. Yuk, I hate the sewing up part.
I think that is all the catching up. Oh, one other thing. Bloglines is acting really weird. Today I have 7896 unread posts. I know I have been away from the computer for a while but puleeeze.