Friday, February 29, 2008

Estate Sale

Some little thrifty deals I have picked up in the last week or two. A sewing manual by Reader's Digest, the most beautiful edition of "Cider with Rosie", a square plate with blossoms, an enamel bowl with a delightful floral motif, another Cath Kidstonish pillowslip and some vases. The green one on the left is a hyacinth vase.



Isn't the spotty cover adorable? I just love the illustrations in this book. They are divine. You simply must read this book. So endearing. The author is Laurie Lee and his writing is captivating.














And a picture of a rug I picked up for the girl's bathroom. Soft pastel blues and greens.



Oh, and just in case anyone was interested in moving, Skeffington House is for sale. This home belonged to my ancestors at one time and is now available for the princely sum of 1.95 million pounds. All offers will be considered.

***
Have a great weekend! And thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Knitting Mania said...

Love your finds this morning! Great House too, wow!

Hey if you're up for a fun little game, you've been tagged to join in the fun, check out my blog.

Have a great weekend...

Sal said...

You did well! And that is a great book;-)Sal

Vee said...

I'll send you a dollar to help in the cause of reclaiming the family home. :D It's a beauty!

a woman who is said...

I am sending out invitations to come drop by my Blog Party. I am celebrating my One Year Blogging Anniversary. Everyone is invited to drop by and post a comment to sign up for my door prizes.

PattieJ said...

Great Estate sale finds! I love the square floral plate and those pillow cases are beautiful.

Pattie

Vee said...

Say, where have you been? Miss seeing you here.

French Knots said...

What supers finds, that little plate is lovely.
perhaps if we all club together we could buy the house as a bloggers retreat for crafting, chating and eating cake?!