Monday, May 16, 2005

And the Winner is...

Well, just hold on a minute. I want to thank everyone for participating in the Btchwstix Blogday Contest. I can't believe there are this many people reading me. You like me, you really like me. But enough already. You want to know the winner, yes? Okeydokey, the winner is...

Jannett, at The KnittingNurse. You can go visit her if you like and congratulate her. She correctly answered the question about my knitting genesis. She wins the beautiful skein of Briggs and Little and the ball of Mission Falls cotton. Thank you again, to all my readers for visiting me and participating. Perhaps I will do this again. Kinda fun. Was the question too easy? Should I have made you all work harder? We shall see.

On the homefront, there are some problems. Not big you don't want to read about my water problem problems but more I got ants and it's all because of my kids problems. See there are waste baskets throughout my home. And the children like to use these baskets for their drinking boxes/chocolate wrappers/yogurt containers instead of the kitchen garbage where they are told to put them. As a result, ants. Ants in the livingroom (yuk) and ants in the basement bathroom (not quite as yuk but still yuk). So we have the ant traps down and don't I spend abnormally (even for me) long periods of time watching the mass poisoning? Absolutely fascinating. Ant goes in, carries out load, takes back to baseboard (ant condo) and comes back with friends. "Ya gotta come to this party! Email everyone in your address book!" Two days later, ant corpses everywhere. Glad they are working, although I do feel kinda Dr. Sinister like.

1 comment:

knittingnurse said...

Sigh. . . . .I can unfortunately say that I understand your pain with the ant situation. though fortunately, I don't share your fascination with the ant death walk (wink)! Isn't the whole thing just such a PAIN!!! I had a hell of a time keeping my pomeranian away from the traps. YIKES!

Didn't think about it earlier but would love to hear about knitting shops, etc. in Toronto. Will be there at the end of the summer for a family weekend trip to see Cirque du Soleil. Love some hints on what shops there are and which I HAVE to visit.!

thanks again for the fun contest and the yarn!

knittingnurse (Jannett)