Thursday, July 20, 2006

Is Lebanon Harper's Katrina?

What is the Canadian government doing to quicken the evacuation of these people? Not enough apparently. My sympathy goes out to these poor people fleeing with fear in their hearts. I know he has detoured to help the process but with so many (50,000+) trying to escape can we not send more rescuers?

DN1 is still in Ireland. She is having the time of her life. She kissed the Blarney Stone. She talks will a distinctive lilt. And best of all? She now says "shite" instead of "shit" and "feck" instead of...well you get the picture. $6000.00 for a linguistics course, definitely worth it!

So it goes without saying I am missing her like crazy. A month is waaaay too long. The children have been told that they cannot leave me again for that long of a period. DN2 has asked how she will go to a US university? I have told her I will live with her on campus. There is parent accomodations at these places right?

I cannot post pictures as DN1 has the camera. I finished DN3's Regia socks. I used this pattern from Spun magazine and they came out fantastic. Try and use your imagination and will post some pics when my camera comes back.

I am also trying out a nice pillow cover from the current issue of Knit Simple Magazine. Not a bad issue and for some reason I am getting them mailed for free. Not that I am looking a gift horse in the mouth.

No comments: