Friday, October 21, 2005

What time is it Mr. Wolf?

I am beginning to fear time, just like in the game we played as kids. I don't have enough of it and it seems to be getting away from me somehow. Anyone else feel this way? I just am NOT getting everything done I need to get done. Simple as that. However, I have been busy knitting. And reading. Could this be why I have no time?


Can you read this? The instructions for the felted slippers are amazing and concise but bloody hell, I cannot do this pattern and watch tv at the same time!
And looky what came in the mail yesterday. Not particulary impressed with the Vogue issue. Nothing practical and usually I love the Vogues. Easy Knitting isn't too bad and the bag on the cover is cute but really, I find quite a bit of info in the mags I already know so they just don't have the power to excite me like they used to.

Fantastic book. If you have not read this yet, get it. Very informative and she is not as dumb as some people think she is. She has it together and is a very brave and innovative person. It's all good. The other books are A Cold Treachery and the knitting bible Knitting in Plain English. Oh, and for other Anglophiles (like you Elizabeth), I have been reading this book I found in my bookcase:
It is The Royal Book of Lists and the author, Matt Richardson, is actually from Richmond Hill, Ontario. We royalists are everywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to get off of the reading/knitting subject for a moment, I have a shower to go to on Sunday. Your typical italian shower, at a hall, with probably 100 or so women. My problem is, it is a monetary shower. Which means, of course, I am not to bring a gift but give money. Personally, I think these are tasteless. I do not think you should ask for money at a shower, but regardless I must attend but I have no idea what amount to give. Should I give what I would have spent for a shower gift? I guess so but it still rubs me the wrong way. We will be attending this wedding in January and that in itself will be well over $1000.00 when you take into account the money gift ($500.00 to 600.00) plus outfits for three girls and myself well we're actually looking at well over a grand. Okay, I vented. I feel much better now.

Thanks. And have a great weekend. We are going here Saturday night, should I be afraid?

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Thanks! I appreciate your book suggestions and magazine reviews! I understand what you mean about the Easy Knitting (and other) magazines, once you have a basic technical knowledge, there has to be something "gee-whizzy" about a magazine to merit the splurge!

Been there, done that with Italian wedding showers...gripe away!