Don't I just have the most lovely Easter greeting for all my faithful readers. I planned some appropriate words and some little tidbits to wish you all a Spring Welcome etc. Instead, tonight we come home to a very hyper dog.
In the living room we find all that remains for the children's special day is a few ripped up pieces of plastic and cardboard. The sweet chocolate Peter Rabbit nowhere to be found. The boxes of chocolate given to all three girls from my mum and dad nothing but saliva encased bits of paper and what used to be cardboard.
My pug, however, looks like he gained 5 pounds. And he is WIRED. We have been through this before. Hallowe'en he got into the chocolate bars and devoured 17 bars before we found him and the wrappers. He did not like the Aero bars but had a passion for the Kitkats. He had gone on a chair, tore open the bag, chewed through the box and ate them. Nothing was left except the Aero bars. I immediately called the vet and they told me the real danger is the really good chocolate and not these kind as they have very little "real" cocoa in them. Thank God. He was fine. Just really, really, hyper.
I am really hoping I do not wake up Easter morning to see a re-appearance of the digested chocolate if you understand my meaning.
Hoping you are all having a better one than I. And what the heck can the Easter Bunny produce in the next 8 hours??? All I have in the cupboard is a half eaten package of TimTams and some left over Cinnamon hearts from Valentine's Day...