Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I Got Tagged!

Last Book Read
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling

You all know the story right? Damn, had to get tagged while reading something so blah. Where were you people when I was reading Lady Chatterley's Lover?

Where It Came From
DN2's bedroom. I was really desperate for something to read one night and raided her library. Was either the Potter series or one of 30 or so books on hockey.


Books Read Per Year

I used to read about 3 or 4 books per week. That was before the knitting addiction. Now it is about a book a week, depending on what's on the needles. I also tend to read more than one book at a time.


Favourite Genre

By far, British mysteries. I just don't think anyone (Canadians included) can do murder, mayhem and misery like the British can. That being said, I have exhausted almost all of my best loved authors and am patiently waiting for them to release their newest. I also make myself read something non-fiction every 3 or 4 books to keep those little grey cells healthy.


Favourite Books of All Time

1. My Left Foot by Christy Brown

Riveting tale of survival and achievement. Nothing can really compare to this tale. I am a fan of Irish authors as they are some of the greatest storytellers in the world.


2. Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald

Mesmerizing story with a touch of mystery and psychological suspense. I know there were some people out there that really didn't enjoy this read but I found it very moving indeed.


3. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Historical fiction based on the biblical Dinah. Fascinating subject matter (love history and the study of Judaism) and really enjoyed being in a place and time I had never traveled to before. I also have enjoyed, Living a Jewish Life co-written with Howard Cooper.


4. All Miss Marple Books by Agatha Christie

I am never more at home than when I am reading Christie. I am there. I can feel the oriental carpet beneath my feet, smell the wood burning in the fireplace and and hear the knitting needles clicking behind the wing of the chair.


5. The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller

Although I profess not to be, I guess I am a romantic at heart. I don't think many of us will ever be lucky enough to live and feel this kind of love. It really is one of those must reads.

Michele was right, this was very difficult. I did not include any of my favourite non-fiction such as The Psychology of Interpersonal Behavior by Michael Argyle or The Explosive Child by Ross W. Green cause I think it would bore the pants off of you people but they help me see through a window that I find fascinating (and sometimes scary).

Thanks for tagging me Michele, now I have to think of someone to tag, mmmm?

1 comment:

Michele said...

Thanks for playing, Lisa!

I almost included Fall On Your Knees on my list. And I totally loved the Red Tent but nearly forgot all about it!

Great to read your list.