Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Confessions


Am I the only one that thinks these guys look like they were separated at birth? The top guy is Rex from Canadian Idol. The bottom guy is, of course, the goaltender, Jose Theodore. Well?

I have a confession. As knitterly as I am, I have a knitting confession. I am afraid to do a sweater for myself. I do not feel confident enough to spend 100 bucks plus for yarn on a project I feel destined to screw up. I am working on a sweater for DH but for myself, nada. I think it is the seaming thing. I. Hate. Seaming. Get the picture? Perhaps I am in need of some kind of Fibre Therapy? Hypnosis?

2 comments:

sam lamb said...

I'm with you - I'm terrified to spend so much money on a project that could fail in the end. How do we ever get over the fear? Group therapy? A huge sale on yarn?

(Somehow that last one seems unlikely!)

Carla said...

I'm a long-time fan of Theodore but hadn't made the connection with young Rex, I see it now though!

I haven't knit anything terribly expensive yet either. Most of my clothes are thrifted so spending that much on a sweater is outrageous to me. Plus what if after spending 40 hours knitting the dang thing, it doesn't fit nicely?