Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hey, Good Lookin'...

On tonight's menu we have a lovely rigatoni pasta served with homemade italian sausage lovingly made by my MIL and FIL. This will be served with Ace Bakery Artisan Bread and freshly grated romano cheese. These homeade sausages are stored in oil until they are ready to be eaten. The texture becomes harder but the taste intensifies. This is our family's favourite choice for sausage. This little baby would cost you about $20.00 (if not more) if you were to purchase this in a store here. They left for a 2 month vacation to Florida and were concerned about our possible sausage shortage during their absence, hence the hefty supply. I am also lucky enough to enjoy other italian delicacies made by my husband's family. They roast and jar peppers, eggplant, olives (some of which are snuck over from olive trees in Italy) and of course they can their tomatoes every year. This provides me with homeade sauce year round.
Now for a knitting update. I am ecstatic with the yarn I am using for my husband's socks. I purchased it at a yarn store here in the city but it seems to be little known on the internet. It is called Batik by Zwerger Garn (yarn) and I am over the moon with the quality and ease. It is producing the most gorgeous, cosy fabric and I am duly impressed. I am using this pattern and it is looking marvy.

And looky what I have! Trekking XXL and Regia Surf! I cannot contain my excitement. Both were ordered off the internet. The Trekking came from theknitter.com and the Regia came from littleknits.com. Both provided excellent service and I will use them both again (how soon depends on my nimble yet still unexperienced fingers). Will the madness never end?

3 comments:

Justine said...

that sausage looks so good!but does this mean that when your daughters marry, that you will have to be the ones canning for them???
thanks for the man's sock link

Ms. M said...

Glad that you found the Regia Surf. I emailed the CAD distributor but no word yet.

If you still need help with the circular sweater, email me or leave a comment on my blog and maybe we could meet up.

J. said...

I want italian in-laws like that, man I am jealous. Amazing socks, I am feeling rather under the weater today perhaps it would be a good sick day project!