Monday, November 12, 2007

And the Winner is...

Well, first I must show you the process. I also stuck Lisa at Pink Paint and Roses in although she did not leave a comment she did email me a sweet Happy Birthday so her name went in as well. An interesting story there. Lisa and I share the same birthday, and have so many things in common it is positively uncanny. She was also a great help when I was considering selling my items on ebay, so heck, she was thrown in the bowl with the rest of the ladies.

I swirled the names around vigorously. I must admit, however, there weren't any witnesses. I tried to rouse one daughter but classes do not start until 1:00 and pulling a teenager out of bed to pick a blog contest winner out of bowl, well, just wasn't happening. So trust you must. And the winner is...

Yes, the talented artist, Claire Louise Milne! Thank you, Clare for visiting my little site. Please email me your mailing address and I will post your little goodies. The prize includes a wonderful decorating book I picked up at a charity shop that looked simply delightful. It was indeed, delightful, so much so that I actually had the same book already at home. The other articles are a vintage pillowcase, a lovely piece of turquoise fabric and a vintage apron with roses. Oh, and Elizabeth? I am sending you out a little thank you for being such a faithful reader of this blog. Again, email me your address (hoping you have an address right now) and I will post it for you.


And while we are talking about gifts I thought I would show you two of the most loveliest gifts. A teacup and saucer from my sister-in-law, who absolutely knows my taste. It is Zandra Rhodes, and it is so charming. I just love it.



The pretty orchid is from my mother.
Thank you so much for entering my little contest and please feel free to comment. I do like them you know!
And, as another little gift, some truly wonderful blogs I have found inspiring:

Have a wonderful day ladies. Hope to hear from you soon.




1 comment:

Claire Louise Milne said...

Oh my goodness, this is a surprise. I thought the contest was over! I'm thrilled, everything looks so nice. I will have to send you something too, so feel free to give me some hints. :-)