Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another Birthday Gift



My mother and father just received this print in the mail that was another birthday gift for me. I think it is such a wonderful picture.

Thank you to the blogger that introduced me to this lovely, serene piece. I just wish to heck I could remember who showcased it a few months back. So sorry not giving you the credit you deserve but for the life of me I cannot find which one of you it was.

Now off to the framing store. I think I actually have an antique frame that is perfect for it.

4 comments:

Anita said...

I just found your side via a link on somebody else's side. What a lovely blog you have! And what a wonderful picture! I'd love to have a cup of tea with the lady sitting at the table... and chat with her!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

TheVintageMagpie said...

This is such a great picture. I would love one like that, you lucky girl! I could sit and gaze at that for hours !

Irene said...

I love this style. Look at the way those painters captured the light, the movement. And now think what is considered to be art today...
Wishing you peace and enjoyment.

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Hi Girls:
The painting is lovely, indeed, and am overjoyed my mum remembered I wanted it. I wish so terribly I could recall the blogger that discussed it a while back but my memory fails me.

If you click the picture you may be able to see what she is reading. It is the "Politics" page which is a statement in itself. A lady of that time reading the political pages was beyond modern thinking.

It is such a serene morning though. No kids, quiet cup of tea, sunshine...

Have a great day, ladies and thanks for dropping by.

Lisa
xo