Monday, May 26, 2008

Vintage Linens

We all know how low I was on blankets, so Saturday I rushed out to the Christie's Sale and searched high and low for vintage quilts, comforters and eiderdowns. Thank goodness I found some. What would we have done without them? Especially since today should be a chilly 27 degrees Celsius. What was I thinking?
Seriously, did I need more blankets? I am so addicted it's not funny. And I just could not pass them up. The top one was just so gorgeous with the satin inset and the pattern on the second one with the roses and the greens and blues, well what can I say? It was $20, once told that there was no going back. There is no rhyme or reason, just beauty. They are all washed, clothesline dried and fluffed from the dryer.

The wicker rocker was picked up at a garage sale on the way home. Again, who can pass up deals? I have no idea where its permanent home will be but blimey, it was $15. We also stopped at Hortico on the way back and what a wonderful nursery. I finally picked up the rose I wanted so terribly and spent yesterday doing more planting and moving about. Now I want the temperature to drop so I can sit in the garden with a cup of tea, my new rocker and one of these gorgeous blankets.



6 comments:

pinkgreen said...

I want to sit in your rocker with a cup of tea and a vintage eiderdown over my knees! It looks so idyllic! I have been after an eiderdown or 2 for ages but they seem to be so expensive on ebay and I have yet to find one at a car boot sale. I'll keep trying though!
Cathy X

Leisa said...

What great finds - the eiderdowns are beautiful and the chair to die for!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Beautiful eiderdowns. I wish our weather was warmer so we could sit out in the garden.
Margaret and Noreen

Vee said...

Very pretty! Love the rocker and the table set up with lovely things...it all looks so relaxing.

Acornmoon said...

What a very pretty blog. I love the colour of your chair, I have a similar one which I bought years ago in an auction for 50pence.It is a Lloyd Loom, sort of woven wire.

Leigh said...

You can't have too many blankies, great finds!