Tuesday, October 12, 2004

50 Ever So Interesting Things About Me

  1. I love irish wolfhounds and newfoundlanders and plan to have one or the other one day.
  2. I hate pattern graphs.
  3. Some food labels make me physically ill.
  4. Have googled "sex" and "hockey" many times together and am always amazed at the results.
  5. I love my husband more now than I did when I married him and I so did not see that coming.
  6. I still have nightmares that I am either late for school or can't find my homeroom.
  7. My toenails on my third toe in on both feet fell off 5 years ago this October and I could never figure out why.
  8. I was never allowed sugar cereal as a child and when I got married I went out and bought boxes of Count Chocula, Fruit Loops and Trix and hated them all.
  9. My children have never had Count Chocula, Fruit Loops or Trix.
  10. My kettle on my stove always has to be on the right back burner when not in use.
  11. I have never seen The Exorcist or Titanic.
  12. We had a cat growing up that lived to be 24 years old.
  13. My mother is half chinese.
  14. I am proud of the fact my mother is half chinese.
  15. I have only been in a beer store once in my whole life.
  16. I miss my cottage terribly.
  17. I think everyone should watch "Fahrenheit 9/11".
  18. I pray every night.
  19. Astronomy never ceases to astound me.
  20. I deeply regret never having gone to university.
  21. I constantly compensate by reading up to 4 books per week.
  22. I just started knitting one year ago.
  23. Fall is my favourite time of year.
  24. My birthday is not a day but a season.
  25. Hallowe'en is my favourite holiday.
  26. I want to learn to play chess.
  27. I almost drowned when I was four years old in a pool in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.
  28. I am an Anglophile.
  29. I love to bake.
  30. Cleaning poultry totally grosses me out.
  31. I miss the Two Fat Ladies.
  32. I only read British Mysteries.
  33. I often wonder how John Bobbitt is doing and if the parts are still in working order.
  34. I will miss Christopher Reeve.
  35. I can knit with my toes.
  36. I hate polyester.
  37. I get constant sinus infections.
  38. When I start laundry I always have to start with the white javex load.
  39. I hate red cars.
  40. I hate long, fake nails.
  41. My daughter has her belly button pierced.
  42. I have another daughter that plays boys hockey.
  43. My shoe size has increased by 1 1/2 sizes since giving birth.
  44. I hate the sun.
  45. I love rain.
  46. My towels have to be stacked with the fold on the outside.
  47. I collect blue and white transferware.
  48. All my children are named after family.
  49. I miss Don Cherry.
  50. I think I may be slightly OCD.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cripe. Thanks for visiting my blog, and now I read your 50 ever so interesting things, and I see that we must share about 90% of the same DNA. Scary, really. Quite scary. Glad we "met" in an eerie sort of way. I'm all into eerie and scary right now -- it must be the Halloween season getting to me or something! -- Norma of Now Norma Knits

Lisa said...

Hello - I keep checking to see if you have inserted the GTA KNit Blog Code onto your site. Once you do this, I will add you to the ring.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
it's in the current issue of the magazine. Must be November issue because I got it late last week (Friday).
Uli
http://www.ulisneedleworkworld.motime.com

Anonymous said...

Can you prove that you can knit with your toes? A picture perhaps?

Jane
knitmepurlme.com

Anonymous said...

You're right we do seem to have a lot in common. I have been meaning to update my "about" page because I keep reading on
other's blogs things that apply to me as well. I must start writing them down. PBS and TVO has been a little bereft of the "Brit Fix" of late, non?
Elizabeth @ the Kittycafe

mmj said...

You can knit with your toes?

You are awesome.

mary-margaret

Anonymous said...

SLIGHTLY?! Ha!