Friday, October 29, 2004


It's the most wonderful time of the year... Posted by Hello

I am in love with this time of year. Canadians tend not to decorate as much as Americans for Hallowe'en but lately I've been noticing more. I've been decorating for this hallowed day since we've been married and dressing up for many, many years. One of my best was Mimi from Drew Carey and last year I was a fortune teller with a table and crystal ball set up right on the porch. Creepy music, lights off, just candlelabrums strewn around the porch, love it. The best compliment is hearing the kids say "I dunno, it's kinda scary, are you sure you want to go to this one?" Another year, I had all these rotten vegetables in glass jars lined up on the porch railing, God it was great. My children think I'm a little whacked, that maybe I enjoy scaring kids a bit too much, but they seem to really love it. And I know when I was a kid I would have really liked it if a neighbour cared this much to really go all out for basically a children's holiday.

Knitting Update:

Finished all the pumpkinny sort of stuff (everything turned out great, and DN3 loves the pencil topper/finger puppet) and am frantically trying to finish Christmassy sort of stuff (scarves etc) but my SIL wants to go yarn shopping tomorrow and I just hate to say no to her, lmao. Besides, does everyone know what day it is on Monday? Yes, the Lisa season has begun, it is my birthday so I'll probably go on a serious SEX (stash enhancement expedition) and use my birthday as a very lame excuse to buy more yarn I probably don't need but love to feel.

No comments: