Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Day in My Life

Not that it is exciting by any means. My days consist mostly of driving children to and from schools and subway stations. All three girls go to different schools, the oldest in university. In between jaunts I shop, cook, bake, knit and crochet. Notice I didn't mention cleaning, ironing and laundry? But there is that too. Today I went directly to the supermarket after dropping off the oldest, specifically for barley for the beef soup I am making from the Sunday prime rib roast.

That being done, I found a recipe for yummy brownies and decided we were in need of a chocolate fix.

My little man has been wondering when there will be time for a walk along the ravine. Poor guy. Mummy hasn't taken him for a good walk in days. Today is a definite coat and wellies day. The temperatures have really started to drop and leaves are blowing around like a true autumnal day.
And, finally, last night I did another row of the ripple blanket. And guess what? The yarn ran out about 15 stitches away from the end of the row. I do not have any more of this particular yarn. Don't you just love it when the wool gods are not on your side?
* * *
Please forgive the super lousy photos. As you may have guessed, the camera is not fixed and I am still using the not so brilliant one.
PS I just loved all the comments on my rose fabric post. I am elated to know there are so many people out there just like me that totally love fabric and buy it with absolutely no plan for it whatsoever.

11 comments:

Hen said...

Ooh, I love your dog and I love your ripple blanket, too. Is it knitting or crochet?

Brownies look delicious. Maybe the dog shall get a walk after you've tucked into a few of those!

Hen x

GenerallyGemma said...

Lousy photos?!?!? I was so taken by the brownies that I didn't notice!

Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

Busy days indeed! My eye went straight to the stack of brownies...what a pleasing photo that is!

carolyn said...

That plate stacked with chocolate brownies looks devine.

Sal said...

I love the ripple blanket! I hope you manage to find some yarn to finish the row! ;-)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Now those brownies look gorgeous.

Lace hearts said...

Oh, isn't it frustrating when that happens. I love the piccie of your dog. And I'll have a brownie, please... x

Anonymous said...

Hi, i havent been around for a couple weeks so i greatly enjoyed catching up with your beautiful posts. Brownies are one of my most favorite desserts! I do love the post with the knitting ideas too. All of them are how I would love to dress everyday, if only I could knit. Maybe I will have to try to learn how.

Funkymonkey said...

Brownies look delicious. I don't know what you mean about the photos.

julia said...

I never have a plan for any of my fabric, I just have to have it and then can't bear to cut into it!
Those brownies look truly delicious!
Julia xx