Sunday, May 16, 2004

Ciao For Now Yarn Diet

I keep trying to adhere to a yarn diet. You know finish off stuff before buying more, wait at least 2 full working days before purchasing more etc. but it ain't happening. Saw some beautiful Colinette last week at lys and did not buy (there was only three skeins) so I didn't bother. Well haven't I thought about that damn yarn all week? So I went back and got it yesterday. It is beautiful, yummy and soft like your favourtite bathrobe. So I do have a plan. I bought more Mission Falls cotton to intersperse with it and I'm going to make a small throw type thing. I also bought a digital camera this week so I will be showing you guys stuff soon as I hook it up. Half way through the back of the burgundy cotton hoodie for daughter No.2 and just finishing the front of pink Mission Falls sweater for daughter No.3. I have looked through the Rowan kids pattern book and have already planned three projects out of there. Also have the Rowan collection book and there is a men's sweater there in a cream that I would like to knit for the better half for Christmas but does the sweater curse apply to those that are married? I'll have to look into that as I am a bit superstitious. I am working with my new needles from http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/tchome.htm and I am loving them. If you love wood like I do you have to go there and fall in love. Have breezed through The Yarn Girls' Guide but didn't really see anything that said, "Knit me!" Well there is a garden out there that is saying, "Prune me, cut me and rake me up!" So my thoroughly boring chat must end but I may post more later.

No comments: